Tuesday 10 February 2015

V is for Victory

Hello and welcome to my blog, and to my first ever blog post!

I have been wrestling with the idea of starting a blog for a while and finally moved my lazy self to make one. I have always loved to write, and I love the vintage lifestyle so I thought I would combine the two.

And let's face it - we all love to drool over aesthetically pleasing, super cute pictures so I will try my best to please. I'll be posting reviews on makeup, outfits, stores etc. I live in London so there's lots to do and lots to see.


That's me! My lovely hairdresser gave me my first ever Victory Rolls (as I am beyond useless with my hair) and they were so lovely and so sturdy! You can catch her at Hula Nails near Old Street, just ask for Lucie Luella and feel free to name drop me!

I partied heard on Saturday night and they looked exactly the same when I rolled into bed. Lucie told me the key is to always curl the hair first, back comb like crazy, and use lots and lots of hairspray! I'm definitely going to practice and I'll keep my blog updated on progress and maybe even one day, a tutorial!

Let me know if you have any tips or know any great tutorials. Pinup Doll Ashley Marie usually has some really fab hair and makeup tutorials so check out her youtube page.

Whilst looking into Victory Rolls it got me wondering about the origin of this great hairstyle, I always knew it was from the 1940's but why 'victory rolls'? Well turns out it was named after a plane manoeuvre in World War II, some people say it's also based on the V shape the rolls create. Of course the trend became wildly popular as more starlets sported the hairstyle, and who can blame then! I felt both glamourous and also secure, with no worries of my hair falling out of place.

I will leave this first blog short and sweet! For my next post I will be discussing my three biggest female inspirations (hint: one of them is Queen Bettie!).

B
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment